Great taste with low calories
Most meals are served with some form of carbs – rice, noodles, potatoes or bread. In order to make strides toward your fitness goal, it’s a good idea to eat fewer carbs at dinner. This recipe for cauliflower rice is a great way to still enjoy a side of rice without sacrificing your results by taking in too many calories and carbs.
Here’s what you need:
1 head organic cauliflower
2 small tomatoes, chopped
1/2 an onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tablespoon tomato paste
dash of salt and pepper
dash of tajin or red pepper flakes
1/4 cup fresh, cilantro, chopped
juice from one lime
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease shallow baking pan with olive oil.
2. Using a food processor with the grating blade, grate all of the cauliflower. Set aside.
3. In a high speed blender, or food processor, blend the tomatoes, onion, garlic, tomato paste, salt, pepper and tajin until smooth.
4. Mix the tomato blend evenly into the shredded cauliflower. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes. Stir and bake for another 20 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven, transfer to serving dish. Mix in the chopped cilantro and drizzle with lime juice. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 28 calories, 1g fat, 91mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 1g protein
Healthy diet recipes and effective one-on-one personal training complement each other to achieve your fitness goal. We are here to help you.
Please, contact us for more details of our personal training program and nutrition guide. We have clients from Arlington, Grand Prairie, Euless, Irving and more locations.